Guess what my FAVORITE sound in the whole world is? It's the sound of my kids laughing. You're probably the same way. So in addition to the regular awesomeness of Christmas morning with kids, throw in some good laughs and everyone will be so happy they won't know what to do with themselves.
These gifts will ensure that you get to hear that glorious sound of your children's laughter not only on Christmas morning, but for months beyond. Some of these choices are just plain silly. Some are cheap, and you could throw them in a stocking. Some are-- ahem-- a bit crude. You get the idea. Take a look below, then add some laughter to your Christmas morning.
*This post contains Amazon affiliate links.*
1. Chattering Teeth - I know my girls would love these. They'd chomp chomp all over our coffee table with plenty of giggles in the background.
2. Snake in a Nut Can- I can't believe that they actually still make these! Any middle-school aged boy would be thrilled to own this classic gag.
3. Rubber Chicken - Can you imagine the look on your child's face if they were to pull a rubber chicken out of a gift bag? Or maybe have him peeking out of a stocking?
Gut-Busting Books & Mirthful Movies
4. Captain Underpants - I'll admit that I've never read these. BUT I did teach middle school and I can tell you that early adolescent reluctant readers could not put these books down, and they always chuckled when they read them. C'mon-- his name is Captain Underpants!
5. The Book With No Pictures - This book is by B.J. Novak, who is most well-known for his role on The Office. There aren't many books that both kids and adults can genuinely laugh at together, but this book is one of them! It is downright funny, and I look forward to reading it to my girls. They laugh. I laugh. We laugh together.
6. Saturday Morning Cartoons: 1960s Vol. 1 - Children's cartoons are not like they used to be! These classics are hilarious. You may want to preview them first, to make sure that they're okay for your kids.
7. The Big Book of Laugh Out Loud Jokes for Kids - Kids of ALL ages love knowing and telling jokes. This book is a fantastic collection of all types of jokes, and you can choose some to teach your kids, or just read them to one another and get some chuckles.
8. Looney Toons: Golden Collection - This is the ultimate Looney Toons collection. This is the kind of stuff that I grew up on-- if you need a pick-me-up, there's nothing like watching someone get whacked with a frying pan! Again, these cartoons are not nearly as sanitized as today's cartoons are, so you may want to check them out yourself before showing them to your kids.
9. Blah! Button - Push the yellow button and it says what all of our kids want to say to us anyway, "Blah, Blah, Blah!" It rotates through several different voices so you never know what you're going to get.
10. Whoopee Cushions - Um. Yes, please.
11. Multi Voice Changer - This megaphone changes your child's voice into several different alternatives. Any child, from age 2 - 22 would love it!
Funny Food Things
12. Food Face Dish - This is just hilarious. I think that this plate is marketed towards young children, but I think any boy or girl would love having one. Let their creativity soar!
13. Pop Rocks - Do you remember what these feel like in your mouth?! Just imagine your son or daughter experiencing them for the first time. Or the second or third time. They're great!
14. Sippin' Specs - My girls love crazy straws, so they're getting some of these specs in their stockings this year. I can just hear them squeal as they feel the coldness of a drink going all around their face. Plus they'll just look silly wearing such a strange contraption.
For Impish Infants
15. Ball Popper - For babies, the funniest thing is typically something that takes them by surprise. This ball popper will have your baby laughing, crawling to retrieve balls, and waiting anxiously for the next one to pop up. My girls have both loved this toy!
16. Jack-In-The-Box - There is nothing funnier.
17. Pop n' Push Car - Your baby will giggle as the little balls inside pop-pop-pop as he drives the little car around!
18. Horse Hopper - Lena's best friend has this toy, and it is always the first thing she goes to when we go over there to play. She bounces along and laughs like crazy when she topples over.
19. Indoor Snowball Fight - Take a break in the middle of your Christmas morning festivities for a snowball fight! These are SO much fun-- they're very lightweight and squishy, but have enough weight to them that you can throw them across the room. No one will get hurt, but you can all attack one another!
20. Foam Pogo Jumper - Lena got one of these pogo jumpers for her 4th birthday back in the summer and it is still one of her favorite things to play with. It squeaks as she bounces, and she likes to see how many bounces she can get in a row without falling off.
These choices don't need descriptions of their own. They'd all make great stocking stuffers and your kids would think you are awesome. The teeth, clown noses, and jumbo glasses come in multi-packs, so they'd be perfect for a large family or you could consider splitting them with a friend!
21. Troubled Teeth
22. Red Foam Clown Noses
23. Fuzzy Nose and Glasses Disguise
24. Jumbo Sunglasses
This post is part of an AMAZING collaboration of over 75 bloggers. Click on through to see TONS of other gift guides, so that you can be sure to find the perfect gift your the children in your life. Many of these bloggers have made other gift guides in the past, and may make one or two more this year. So in order to not to miss any of those great resources, you'll want to follow the Pinterest board where you can see them in all their glory.